Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Locks of Love

For the second time, I grew out my hair for Locks of Love. There are several reasons why I have donated hair. First, I am not the type of person that is emotionally attached to hair. There is nothing wrong with individuals that are, I am just not one of those people. Second, my hair grows reasonably fast. I did this for the first time in Fall 2007. Third, I like trying new things. I like to experiment with different cuts, etc. When my hair was cut today, I told the hairdresser to do whatever he thought would look good as long as I could fix it myself when I got home. And last and most importantly, it is for a wonderful cause. If my hair can go to help someone else...why not!

So...without further ado, here are the before and after pictures:
This morning at 8:00am

For use in a wig, your longest layer must be 10 inches from top to bottom (made the cut, whew!)


This is what my hair looked like at 11:00am



If you or anyone you know is interested in donating hair to Locks of Love, you can get all the information on their website http://www.locksoflove.org/.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill
I love the new cut! I have an AUnt that benefited from a wig from Locks of Love. So for her a big thank you!!!!
We are getting excited about the New Baby! Nancy Bryant

kevin and mandy said...

Your haircut looks so good, even better in person. I've always wanted to do Lock of Love.