Monday, July 14, 2008

New Opportunities

As many of you know, I have worked at Trinity Habitat for Humanity since Tim and I moved to Texas in August '06. I started as a temporary employee while the Volunteer Coordinator was on maternity leave. When she came back, I was very fortunate that they found a full-time position for me. The company is doing some restructuring for several different reasons. Again, I have the opportunity to rise to a new challenge. I am officially Trinity Habitat's Event Coordinator! I am thrilled to try something new and work in a position that highlights my strengths (organization, organization, organization)!! Please keep me in your prayers. The larger of the two events is a fundraising event for approximately 800-1,000 individuals. Here is a link to the Tool Box Bash website- also known as TBB: http://www.toolboxbash.com/

In addition, I was recently given the chance to write several articles for our newsletter. This issue featured many of our hardworking volunteers. Since I have worked with many of the volunteers since I arrived and also have a writing background, they let me take a shot at it. I wrote the lead article on page 1 and the three "County" features on page 3. Here is a link if you want to check it out: http://www.trinityhabitat.org/habichat_news/2008summer.pdf

Tim and I are doing well and obviously staying busy. Hope you all are doing the same!

1 comment:

EP said...

Way to go Jill! And congrats on the new opportunity. We are reading the blog. Say Hey to Tim. Love Ed & Susan